Thursday, January 15, 2009

"What The ?"

Quite often here in India I am asked for my "Good Name"

Would that be different from my "Bad Name" or my "Other Name" or maybe even my "Surname".

I often want to reply with a smart comment and offer my "Bad Name" but I am sure there would be no way they would understand my sick sense of humour and I would spend the next 10 mins trying to explain myself.

We do have many laughs at the names we get called, "Mr Andrew", "Purdy", "Megan Gaye" or there was one time I even got "Mrs Gaye Megan". And that's only a few.

Just another of India's "What The's ?"

2 comments:

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

In the words of Australia's Rove McManus..."Who would you turn gay for Megan Gaye?"
S & H and i are going back to Port now after a morning of laps... they were in the pool and i lapped Lakelands!
Have a good day. Hope you called by your good name today! Do they have a naughty but nice name i wonder? Let me ponder that one that for you Megs....

The Webbs said...

clareMrs Gaye Megan, i bet that made you giggle!!!! Must be easier to just go with the flow sometimes, probably most times.... Bye Clare xxx