What can I say?
I've been a very slack blogger. There are always things going through my mind that I think would make a great post but sometimes I just can't get my butt into gear.
The other thing that has been taking up my time has been the never ending photo's that I need to scrap. Definitely one of the pluses of being away from home and not having to work was having the time to get up to date with my scrapping...
Hummmm
How many years do I have over here???? Looking at this pile of photo's I need about 10 years. My other problem is not having my favorite scrapbook shop just around the corner anymore, a girl can never have enough of just the right shade of pink card stock or for that fact red, blue, green, white or even black.
My other time waster at the moment is Face Book. Oh dear, who ever introduced me to it? (thanks Mon) it's a great way to keep in touch, and to find old friends. We have been thrilled to be able to hunt down some of our friends from our Canadian days, what a hoot. 13 years later we can pick up where we left. Thanks Face Book........
The latest news in the house is that I am once again a single Mum. 2 1/2 weeks this time, gee when we signed up for this assignment I wasn't aware that I would be "Home Alone" with 3 kids for days on end.. But I will survive, I don't know about Sam who is testing the patients of his mother night after night. Mac's great and enjoying his couple of hours at school each day (thank you god) and Eliza is behaving and as usual is a great help (when it suits her).
We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Mum and Dad (and the supply of Vegemite, toilet paper and Milton disinfectant to clean the fruit and veggies) they are coming over for 10 days and then in March we have my friend and sisterchick Cheryl, blessing our doorstep of one week. I can't wait to see them all and have some catch up time.
NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS
No I am not expecting.......
The kids and I are making a trip home.
Yes, I know I said I wouldn't do it, but with the kids finishing up school here on the 24 April the end of the Indian school year and hopefully starting at the American International School in August, the start of the American school year, it means a 15 week break in between. SCREAM..
And there is NO WAY I am staying at home with 3 kids in the middle of an Indian summer, 40 + everyday with nothing to do. Even too hot to go to the pool for too long, so we have decided to come home. The kids are so happy. How we will cope with winter will be interesting, but it will be great to be home and be NORMAL for a few weeks. Andrew will join us for about 10 days in the middle and we will be home for the school holidays so the kids can catch up with their friends. I hope w e have made the right decision. I said after the stress of leaving home to come over here and the tears we had on the flight I would never out my kids through that again, but after a long chat they convinced me they would be OK when it was time to come back. We will all be keen to get back to see our Margaret and start the challenge of a new school.
So that in a nut shell (a very long winded one) is the Purdy family update, for this week..........
Wish me luck with the next 14 days ahead. Or maybe a few prayers in Sam's direction may help..
Hope you are all surviving the Aussie summer with the lack of rain, we haven't had much here either lately. Can't wait to catch up with everyone in May. Lets do coffee.......................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Megan...I am sorry that you are going to be a single mum for a couple of weeks, but you know what Megan if I can do it - You can do it so much better...just reamined focused on the time when hubby will be home!!
Im sure that Sam is just reacting to being the man of the house...male ego and all, NO im sure he will be ok after a while. I certanly know a few people who would love to cath up with you over the 15 weeks you will be back in Lara...We WILL do coffee, I'm sure of it.
Well I suppose with no rain there is no smell??
I bet that Margaret will miss you and the children when you are here, we will have to think of something nice for you to take home for her. Keep the blog going...and I am on face book too now, although I still dont understand the whole thing..too old here I guess.
Love to all Karyn xx
Well well well...the grapevione even got to the bayside town of Portarlington to let me know that you were coming down under! (Thanks Clare!)I then spread the news to site A95 ie to Anne-Maree! It will be lovely to catch up. Now what could we do t celebrate...we are turning 41 afterall! Clare was wondering if there was a chance of a Princess Package!
Post a Comment