Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Many Indian's Does It Take?????

As usual it never ceases to amaze me at the amount of people it takes to do one person's work. In this case my friend Sher and I called into a florist to buy some flowers and this is how it went....


One person to hold the bouquet
Another to pass the stems of flowers
Another to stand and watch
And the man sitting at the desk to take the money.

Now Sher and I have decided that this is one of the good things about living in India, cheap flowers.
This bunch cost about $15.
3 stems of Lily's, 5 Gladi's, 5 long stem Roses and 5 pieces of greenery.

2 comments:

Susan Ingram said...

Hi Megan,

Just thought I would give you another reason to be glad to be in India. Here in Swan Hill we are in the middle of a heat wave,on about our 10th day of 40o or above and still a few more days to go. I think we are all going a little stir crazy.

Keep up the good work on the blogs we are learning lots about life in Chenaii.

Cheers
Susan Ingram

The Webbs said...

Fancy flowers being that cheap!!! Wish we could get them for that price...