Along with the heat, the week has been full of surprises.
I will begin with the fact that Sam came home from school and said his teacher hit him!!!! Yes I saw red. It is not an uncommon thing in India for teachers to hit their students, but with our kids going to a school that has a no hitting policy I would have thought that our kids would be spared this kind of punishment. Now Sam is NO angel, I am the first one to admit that, but he is by far, not that naughty that he would need to be hit by his teacher. So after a phone call to the school and a call back from his teacher insisting that she did not hit him, but then proceeding to tell me my son is very naughty, but very funny and they all love Sam........ I was not a happy camper. So after a few days to reflect on the situation I am just about ready to tackle this problem head on. I have now calmed down enough to be able to go to the school and not rip someones head off. That's next week issue now.
This is how the rest of the week has been,
- Kids exams, half days at school with the afternoons at home to study (SCREAM),
- Eliza throwing up on Monday night.
- Tuesday Tamil New Year, Kids off school.
- Macs ears sore again on Tuesday so off to the doctors, which is another whole blog on its own.
- Sam off school on Wednesday as he doesn't take Tamil so didn't have to go and sit the exam.
- Andrew still unwell from his trip to Bangalore and the cockroach in his breakfast issue, so another trip to the doctors.
- Eliza home on Thursday with an upset tummy again.
- Thursday another trip to the immunisation doctor to check up on our immunisations to be told that we are due another Hep A &B needle that we have missed. Eliza stressed about that.
- Friday a visit to the dressmakers for the 4th time to pick up a top that still is not right.
- A trip to the bank to deposit a cheque to pay our Visa card that has been returned twice already due to the wrong amount being written on it, but was checked last time by a bank teller before I banked it and said that it was correct which has now meant that we have payed an extra $300 interest due to the payment being overdue. Not Happy Jan!!!!!
- One staff member asking for a loan for the second time this month and it is only half way through the month. Since when do we have ATM tattooed on out foreheads.
- The other staff member walking on thin ice since she asked for a $2000 loan and we said NO.
- No driver in the mornings due to the half school days and it is not worth coming back home for one hour before having to head back down the road an hour to pick the kids up
I have managed a lunch with a friend who has been out of town for a couple of weeks and my mornings at home have meant I have had some good scrapping time. So life isn't too bad.
20 days and counting till we are home.
That's my week... How's yours been????
3 comments:
TII....what a week that was hey Megs! Sorry mine doesn't compare although i have just realised how much work i've got to do for the Deb Ball between now and May 2nd! Commentary, drinks order etc...
Off to the Webbs tonight for a catch up so should be fun. Must get creating. The kids want me to make the usual Kath truffle balls but i'll have to come up with something else too. I still in the PJs and it's 11am!
Take care. Hope the heat is kind to you today.
Kath XO
Oh my goodness, I need to come back and get Chennai in order I feel. Not long now Megs. Just think cold old Lara is only, lets see, 15 sleeps now. See you soon.
Oh Megan...first chance I've had to catch up on you blog this week...Oh my, what a time you had. Give me a call to have a scream next time!!
Post a Comment