Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Authentic Indian Carpet

I feel like the count down is on!
The count down to going home that is. Our contract here was for 2 years and we are now well and truly into our second year. It occurred to me the other day that I shouldn't be putting off doing anything because our time in India is flying by. So on the weekend I dragged Andrew out to buy a carpet, it's something that we have wanted to buy as a memento of our time in India. You can only imagine the difficulty choosing the perfect carpet. I won't go into the hour of torture that Andrew and Eliza went through while I was making up my mind. Is it too green, not blue enough, too red, too busy, not Indian enough??? Let alone the hour of pure torture poor Victor went through alone in the car with the boys and the workout the two salesmen got dragging multiple carpets around.
At last I came to a decision, and this is it!!
My truly authentic Indian carpet...
MADE IN BELGIUM!!!!
I love it, but since we got home and discovered that it was made in Belgium it has sort of lost its exotic appeal.
The kids though are loving having a carpet to sit and roll around on after 13 months of tilled floors. Which I must say are much easier to keep clean, no vacuuming!!!! Oh I forgot for a moment that I don't clean the floors..wink...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it 'Made in Belgium'!!! So much for the authentic piece of India. At least its better than made in China???
Thanks for the morning laugh, it brightened my day.
Love & blessings :)

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

Mmmm i'm picturing your Belgium rug on Lara Blvd already. How funny. I suppose it could have been made in China! I pity the poor salesmen (i presume there was more than one) when the Aussie red head hit their store.

The Webbs said...

Love it Megan... No its not too blue or too green, just perfect... I had a giggle too picturing you making your decision and the time it took...

The Low Family said...

HI Megan, I love the carpet, who cares if it is made in Belgium, it is purchased in India, your home away from home.
I'm sure that the memories you will have when you are looking at your made in Belgium carpet, brought in India, in your Lara home will still be as precious.
I love it. Karyn

Emma said...

Too funny! Megan! Only In India would you get an Indian rug made in Europe!

United Colors of Acheson said...

Love the carpet... hated the fact that the countdown is already on... already missing you and the fam. =(