Thought I would share my trip to the "Butchers" yesterday.
It is always something that I put off doing, the smell is enough to turn even the strongest stomach. The young guy that works there is really pleasant and very willing to help, in other words you do not open the chest freezer yourself! Yep everything is frozen, on a good day you may strike it lucky and get something that is fresh and not been frozen. There is an array of other items for sale like cigarettes, tinned ham and olive oil are just a few. The stairway up to the shop also nearly makes me gag, with stains from people spitting their Paan all over the walls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paan

My shopping yesterday included chicken breast, Bangalore beef mince, bacon, sausages, popcorn chicken and chicken meatballs. All for the grand total of $22. Bargain.
1 comment:
Now come on Megs...you have NOT done a buther in Chennai until you've ventured into a 'Chicken Shop' - go on I dare you!!
Post a Comment