The ever gorgeous Margaret had been to the apartment during to day to get things ready for our arrival home after our long 3 week holiday. This rangoli (coloured sand picture) was outside our front door, the air-cons were on and their was a plate of shortbread on the table with a hand written note to, Mr Andrew, Mrs Megan, Miss Eliza, Master Sam and Master Mac wishing us a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. How sweet was that?
Walking into the apartment it was as if the fairy's had been while we were away. And they had been. Freshly painted walls, clean windows and fly screens and all the lights and ceiling fans had been dusted and cleaned. What bliss. Three days before we left I had the thought that it would be great to have the place freshened up while we weren't having to live with the stinky paint fumes, Margaret's brother is a painter so I enlisted him for the job and Margaret and Victor had strict orders (and a cash bonus) to get the place sparkling. How lucky are we to get home from our holiday and have a lovely fresh, clean home to come back to. I know I complain a lot about living here but having these things accessible to us make it all much easier. We are so blessed to have such trustworthy staff that we could get up and leave while the place gets a makeover. Margaret truly is our gift from God while living here. What would I do without her.
So it's back to reality, today we spent the day unpacking and sorting out. Getting used to walking on these marble floors again is a killer, our legs and feet are aching and we are all exhausted.
I can hear my pillow calling my name.
4 comments:
How lucky you are to have Margaret... Maybe next time you could stay home and send her to the land of Auss to spend time at my house i need lots of things done here lol... Oh I can only wish....P.S Kath and I could share her....Love to all Clare xxx
Wow, that would of been nice to come home to a 'spring clean'. Unfortunately we don't have a Margaret so we came home to a musty smelling house in the same condition as we left it!
When is Margaret moving to Lara? : )
Margaret, Margaret, where fore-art though Margaret...Oh that's right in Chenai, darn it!!
God has truly blessed you Megan, what I wouldn't give for someone to do that for me.
News flash.... Visa application for Margaret has been approved! Clare and i are very excited!
Post a Comment