I have finally succumbed to buying milk in these little 250ml bags.
We always bought it for Margaret to make Tea with, but just the thought of where it may have come from and was enough to put me off drinking it. Possibly because there are so many water buffalo's around and the fact that the cow population grazes all day on plastic and garbage you never really know what you could be drinking. It costs about Rs12 a bag 28 cents Aud.
A couple of months ago we ran out of our Nestle Long life box milk and I was desperate for a coffee so I thought I would give it a go. And it was nice, really nice. I am a milk LOVER, and drinking long life milk for the last 18 months has been a killer. So now everyday we buy these little bags of milk and then we put it on the stove and boil it, and boil it, and boil it. You know what boiling milk is like, if you take your eye off it for a second and it has boiled over and made a huge mess on the stove top, wasting half of it.
So with my new adventurous spirit I have now even been making my our Yoghurt and Ricotta from my little bags of milk. It always surprises me what you can do when you want something badly enough.
1 comment:
Its hard enough explaining to little kids that milk does come from cows even though we buy it in a carton/plastic bottle from the supermarket. Explaining about a plastic bag, well thats a whole other ball game!!!!! : )
Post a Comment