Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Palmist, Astrologer and The Ruby Ring

Sounds like the title to a best seller, well it's not. This is the tale of a western woman having some fun in exotic North India.
Sensing the need for some adventure and fun, Eliza and I thought it would be a hoot to go and see a Astrologer and Palmist. You know, when in India, do as the Indians do. Every evening at the hotel there was a Astrologer available to tell the fortunes of the hotel guests. We sat down with the guy and he asked me to write down my name, date, time and place of birth. Next he pulls out his handy dandy little laptop and enters my details. Whammo, we have lift off. He starts scribbling down numbers, dates and planets into a grid he had drawn on a piece of paper.
He then looks me in the eye and says,
  • I have a very dominant personality, (Ha! Me, really?)
  • Sacrificing nature
  • Wealth and prosperity
  • My children are in good positions
  • Energetic
  • Luck is NOT supportive
  • My work capacity is very good
  • Good prosperity
  • I enjoy life
  • Good expenditure
Then he examines my palm with a magnifying glass, more details written on the page along with some Oh's and Ah's and Mmm's I was getting worried.
  • Life line is good
  • Strong Willpower
  • Very Spiritual nature
  • Wisdom and decision making is good
  • Intuitive nature
  • Strong marriage and relationship.
  • Diplomacy is good
Then he tells me again that Mars is one of my ruling planets and this means Luck does not come my way. I need to bring my own luck into my life.
Yep, I am with him on that point. I think I have always known that, the only thing I have ever won was a marshmallow rabbit at an Easter market when I was young and I ate the whole thing and made myself ill.
He tells me I need to wear a Ruby ring set in gold on my right hand, and that will help to bring me luck. ( Eliza was also told this)
He also said that as Jupiter was one of my planets and that was why I was overweight. Ha, That's why! It's not just because I love good food. (wink)
The next bit of info that had Eliza and I giggling, was that in the next year I would have some problem below my waist. To which Eliza says, "Mum maybe you will break your ankle again."
And his last piece of advice was that I needed to respect my elders.
We got back to our room and told Andrew of our fortunes and that we need to wear Rubies on our left hand to bring us luck. His reply was that it was all a load of rubbish.
The next we had been out and about exploring Jaipur when we met a driver that wanted to take me to see his friends shops. He was very colorful. (had to be gay) He had the best Aussie accent, saying to me, "G'day mate, how are ya? Wanna through a Shrimp on the Barbie?"
How could I refuse his wonderful personality and his offer to take me to his friends shops, so I sent Andrew and the kids home and off we went shopping. I think he must have been in cahoots with the Astrologer as the first place he took me to was a Gem shop. Did he know I needed to buy an Ruby ring??
I tried a few on and decided they just didn't look great on my fair skin, then I spotted an adorable 2 crt Aqua Marine and had to have it. The price was great and they would make the ring up for me in 2 hours. Good bye to any sort of good luck coming my way.
Of course, as luck would have it, two days later I fall down the front step of the hospital and badly sprain my left ankle.
And the moral of the story?
I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT RUBY RING!!!!!




No comments: