Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Spending Mothers Day away from our family was not quite the same. Not being able to share this special day with my Mum, Mother in law and my Granny made the day a bit sad for me. Giving them the usual bunch of Chrysanthemums and other treats to show them how much we care and appreciate them for all they do for our family and sharing a family meal together is what it is all about. I know I am a Mum too now, but, that doesn't mean this day is all about me and my kids. If it wasn't for our Mums we wouldn't be the people we are now.

Mothers Day this year also was my Mums 70th Birthday, we missed celebrating this day with her also.

How lucky we are to have 3 very special, inspirational woman, to help guide us with their wisdom and love though our lives.

So, Happy Mothers Day and Happy Birthday Mum, I hope when I grow up I will be just like you.

And Jen, Happy Mothers Day to you and we will be there with you next year to share your day with you.

To my Granny, we hope you had a lovely day with your Daughter and granddaughter and enjoyed a piece of Kerrie's sponge.



My Mothers Day in India was spent having breaky in bed, Vegemite toast and juice, the boys spending the morning glued to the TV watching the Cats have a win, then it was out for lunch and a swim to cool off. Eliza made dinner for the boys and left the mess for me to clean up.



Sam made me the best card and this is what he wrote,



Mum

I like your cooking because it is good, you are good at cooking.

I like your food because you learn to cook different food.

I like your Lasagna best because you don't put celery in it.

I like the meat you cook because you don't let the meat dry out like Margaret, your cooking is the best.

I like it when you clean up for us.

I like it when you make my bed for me because then I don't have to make it.

It is good that I don't have to clean my clothes because I would never have any clean clothes to wear.

Thank you for getting us the maid, Margaret, because I would have to do everything and my room would be a mess.

I like it when you give me gifts because you give us good gifts. It's funny when I ask for something and you say, "Ok, but it's for your Birthday"

I like it when you cut my hair because we don't have to pay.

Thank you for everything.



Sam and I had a treat on Saturday and went out for lunch just the two of us. I love that one on one time with the kids. We had the best chat and a great lunch.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Mothers Day to you Megan. You are a wonderful Mother!
Glad you had some special time with your own family
Next year you will be able to share Mothers Day with the wise older women in your life. Something to look forward to.
Sam's card was so lovely - however I think he will be in for a rude shock when he returns and Margaret wont be around to do so much for him LOL
Blessings : )

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

What wise words from my ex-pat Aussie friend!