Monday, June 14, 2010

Last Day Of School.



Everyone kept warning us that the last day of school was a very emotional day, so I was not looking forward to it at all. Particularly knowing what a sook I am. I sat back and watched kids hugging and wiping away the tears knowing that this may be the last time they would ever see some of these friends. Friendships that become so close so quickly. It broke my heart watching these kids, boys and girls, not afraid to show their emotions and their despair.

My kids both did pretty well, till we got home later that day and Eliza had a meltdown. It was really interesting in the last few weeks to see how she started distancing herself from the friends she had made this year. Knowing she was moving on. Avoidance I suppose is easier than facing the truth sometimes.

Moving back home for Eliza is going to be different. Leaving us behind here and coming back to a new school will be a challenge for her. But like I keep telling her it's no worse than we we first arrived here in Chennai. At least she will have family and old friends there to support her.

Three of Sam's good mates are heading home or moving on to other counties. He has his class placement for the next school year and has one friend in his class. Mind you it will be a short term for Sam, with us packing up and leaving to head home in mid September.














1 comment:

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

Oh dear... I'm getting a visual... bad crier Megs! Waterproof mascara i'm guessing may have saved the day?
Great photos.... thank goodness for Facebook. That should keep their friedships linked.