4 weeks tomorrow and we are on that Singapore airlines flight on our way to the "Land of Plenty" and getting the heck out of dodge. So that means in 2 weeks the packers arrive to pack up our last two years of junk. Well, it's not all junk, we do have some lovely treasures to bring home to remind us of our time in India. Never mind the copious amount of new grey hair (me), high blood pressure (Master) and of course many wonderful memories.
Thank goodness Eliza's bedroom is free because it has become the central packing, dumping, sorting zone. You could lose a small child in there if you are not careful. I am refusing to take home anything we may not want or need so I have been busy culling. It feels good to be able to pass out our unwanted things to people who really need them. You know the saying, 'Someones trash is someone else's treasure" We are heading home to our new house which I hope will be clutter free.
Today I am sorting the playroom, wish me luck I may not get out of there for a few days.
2 comments:
Megan,
Please be sure to take particular care with, and give priority to, Master's things. Remember, as I will "instruct" Madam Noelene when it's our turn - that "Sir" is always "Sir", even in Aust from now on!!
Wishing you all the best of luck with packing up and checking out...The two and a bit years have gone very quickly (most days!) You have a wonderful blog where you have recorded all your experiences good and bad. Please continue with it and tell us about your repatriation experience!! xx
Post a Comment