Saturday, June 21, 2008

Garage Sale

What a busy week we have had packing up and sorting out all our worldly goods. The plan has been to try to get organized and sort through cupboards whilst still trying to have a clean tidy house in case we got the dreaded phone call from the real estate agent to say they had someone to look at the house. We did manage to get through the week with a semi tidy house and today was the BIG day.
"Garage Sale Day" All was set up last night, the add in the local paper said to start at 8 am and as you now there are always those eager early birds , our first customer was waiting up the drive way at 6.30 am and they didn't stop coming until 3pm when all that was left was bits and pieces .We were pleasantly surprised to get rid of sooooooooo much (junk) stuff. You know it is quite an emotional thing sorting out your life's treasures, everything has some form of sentiment, how many vases does one girl need? should I still keep that lipstick I wore on my wedding day?(bright orange,what was I thinking) will I need 5 muffin tins, backing trays, sponge tins in India, OH hang on I don't have an oven in the apartment over there. And I won't even begin to tell you about the Tupperware draw'ssssssss. Cleaning out ones house has quite a cleansing feel to it , even Eliza was heard to say, after we spent 2 days cleaning out her room, "You know Mum this feels really good to de-clutter my life" Lets just hope she continues feeling that way. They other thing that never ceases to amaze me is that when you clean out the kids toys they always want to play with the stuff you want to throw away.
We also advertised the Mansion (cubby house) in the paper today and we are very happy to say it has now been re-located to Leopold to a lovely family with 3 small children that we hope are going to get years of fun and enjoyment out of it.
Nelson and Molly have both now been re-homed and that was really hard for us , but at least we know they are with nice families that will love them both. I drove past Nelsons new home the other day and he was standing at the gate barking , I felt awful and I could see that Mac wanted to go to him but we kept going on our way with me holding back tears. I wont be heading down that road again.
This week will be the kids last week at their school, Friday will be a hard day for them, I hope they will be okay saying good-bye to their friends.
So another big week ahead of us, the list in my head keeps getting bigger, I can't seem to put it down on paper as that makes it all reality. Mum tells me that she had bought someone blueberry's today as they are very good for your brain and memory function, may-be I should get me some........... I hope I don't forget to pack one of the kids..........

No comments: