Saturday, November 1, 2008

GASP

I cant believe how long it has been since I last posted anything on here. You could say I am in a "Blogging Slump".
There is so much to write about I just don't know where to start. The last 2 weeks have been great as we were very lucky to have had my Mum, Dad and sister Kerrie staying with us for 12 days. It was great to see them and spend some time with them. It was amazing to watch them experience Chennai for the first time and to see and hear their amazement about this crazy but special city. It brought back all those memories of our first few weeks here, when we drove around in a daze, absolutely amazed at what we where seeing before our eyes. Now we get in the car and are still surprised by what we see but it all seems so normal, Oh dear that sounds like we have become desensitized.
Our visitors enjoyed their time here and I am sure Mum and Dad will be back again soon. Kerrie had a great time shopping with some girly advise on clothes and shoes. The suitcases went home just as heavy as when they arrived,we where very spoilt with lots of goodies and treats for us all, plus the Christmas pressies up in the highest cupboard that are awaiting 25 Dec.
Victor and Margaret also enjoyed having them here and Dad and Victor became good mates. Kerrie had a few cooking lessons with Margaret so will be cooking up an Indian meal or two back in her kitchen at home, she also took home some must use ingredients.
The kids loved having Grandma and Gramps around and Mac had some good battles with Aunty Kerrie who wasn't putting up with his nonsense. Sam enjoyed a couple of games of cricket with Gramps along with the new stumps they managed to pack in their cases. Spoilt boy.
There was lots of photo's taken so if anyone is interested in seeing a bit of Chennai give them a call and go and fill in an hour or two. I am sure you will be very welcome.
So this week has been a bit quiet now they have gone home, they house is back in order and I have found a school (day care) for Mac to go to, to fill in some of his long boring days, it will be a good break for both of us. I need it.
So Monday look out, I will be a free woman for a couple of hours, what will I do???????????????
Maybe catch up on some blogging, scrapbooking, reading, go to the gym(GASP), or just have some quite time alone somewhere in this city of 8 million people.

1 comment:

The Webbs said...

Hey Megan great to read your blog again it's been awhile we were all having withdrawal's!!! Sounds like a great time was had by all when your mum,dad, and kerrie were with you.It was great to catch up with you today susan and i enjoyed our chat, computers really are amazing.. Talk again soon.Clare xxx