Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nearly a Teenager

My Baby Girl has turned twelve and I cant believe where the last 12 years have gone.

The kids were very excited to have the day off for Eliza's birthday due to yet again another public holiday. This time it was Bakrid, a Muslim holiday. Andrew, of course had to go to work so he missed out on going for birthday lunch.

We decided that we would give Eliza her presents the night before her birthday as Andrew leaves soooo early that we daren't all be up to open gifts at some ungodly hour. Eliza could also justify this as 8pm Indian time was 1:30 am Australian time, so officially she was already 12.

She was very spoilt (as usual) but I think her favourite gift was the 2 blocks of Australian Cadbury's she received. One from Aunty Kerrie and the other that I had paid through the leg for at our local grocery store ($9) but you cant put a price on chocolate, can you?






"Heh Sam. Check this out, The Camp Rock CD."

"OH, I don't believe you found this new J.K. Rowling book!"

And doesn't every bear need a blonde Hannah Montana wig?

I think she had a good birthday, but one thing for sure, she really did miss celebrating with all her friends from back home.

1 comment:

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

Hi Eliza. This is BETH! (Mum let me type my name)
Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day. Your presents look good. The chocolate would be yummy! Mum hopes you got your Happy Birthday email from us.
Love from Beth. XXXOOO