Saturday, February 7, 2009

Andrew's Belated Birthday


Andrew arrived home from Indore yesterday after being away for 18 days. He spent his birthday alone up there so we thought it would be a good idea to hit out favourite restaurant and celebrate his belated birthday. We were joined by Noelene and Graeme and our new Chennai friends Shawn, Sheralyn, Macartney and Leroy.
And of coarse it wouldn't be a Indian Birthday party without a cake, most restaurants supply a cake free of charge when you tell them it's one of your party's birthdays.
Check out the writing on the cake, it nearly came out saying Mr Andrew, but I said that wasn't necessary. Instead it said, "To Sweetheart", at least the spelling was correct, as Shawn pointed out it could have come out saying, "To Sweat heart" (wink)
Most cakes usually end up being smeared into the guests faces which is a custom here. Well I don't know if it is a custom or just a typically Indian "Fun' thing to do.




The kids enjoyed helping to blow out the candle and Mac did his usual thing to do at this restaurant and fell asleep. We think he has only stayed awake once when we have gone to the Raintree. The staff all know his sleeping habits and usually supply us with a pillow and blanket. The hotel guards on the door give us the "Oh, he is asleep again" look as we head out the door and get in the car. Which I am sure they are glad about as Mac loves the revolving door and they probably cringe when they see him coming.

3 comments:

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

Wow! When was the last time Mr Andrew was called Sweetheart? Come to think of, can't even recall the last time I called Greg that!
Glad Andrew had a nice evening out with family and friends for his birthday.

The Low Family said...

Happy belated Birthday Andrew, I hope that you had a lovely celebration with the family when you came home.
Bless you all. Karyn

chez said...

Hmmm, Mac has the right idea, when all else fails, sleep. I'll bring Andrew a birthday hug in 32 sleeps. I can comment, Yay.