Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Brave Kids

My very brave kids are doing so well.

Yesterday was their first day to catch the bus home from school. The communication issues for us to get through, for them just to catch the bus where huge. I really wanted them to be on the same bus, if that was going to be possible. Eliza already catches the bus to and from the junior campus to the middle school where she attends, in the morning and night. We have to have her at school by 8.30 for her to do this. The middle school is about 9kms from the junior and at is a pretty hairy trip on quite bumpy roads ( if you could call them that). In the afternoon she gets back to Junior campus at 3.55pm and Sam then hops on that bus so they can be together, it keeps on heading back into town dropping kids off along the way. They told me the kids would be dropped off at 4.30pm, about 1km away from home. So off Victor and I go to pick them up and this is how it went...................

  • 4.30 Arrived at main road
  • 4.35 Out of car standing by the side of the Very busy road
  • 4.40 Feeling a tad anxious.
  • 4.45 Where are they?
  • 4.50 I feel SICK!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4.55 Victor and I are pacing
  • 5.00 What a bad parent I am making my kids catch a bus on their own in a very foreign country . I am going to be sick.
  • 5.02 Bus arrived. Thank you God...........
  • 5.03 Kids happy and all well. Mum still stressed.

So that was yesterdays adventure. We met up with Graeme and Noeleen for a drink on the way home ( ok, maybe it was two drinks) it was great to have a chat and chill after another big day.

Another first today, The kids went to school with Victor and Mac and I stayed home. We feel very comfortable with him and he is a safe and careful driver ( most of the time, apart from the 2 big scrapes down the side of the car). Once again I was feeling a bit anxious, but Victor has just arrived back and said all was well and there where no tears. "You have very happy children madame" Thanks Victor.....Where would I be without you?

Maybe this is all part of that big lesson in life that God has for me. To let go of those apron strings a bit, and trust that the kids and us will be ok, and to stop SEEING DANGER!!!!!!!!!

TTFN, hope today will be less stressful.

( Happy Birthay to my good friend Clare. We hope you have a great day.....)

5 comments:

Heather and Brian said...

Oh Megan, I felt sick just reading the story ... all's well that ends well. Hope the stressful days will get fewer and fewer. Have a great day.

Love Heather & Brian

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

Good on you Megs. Those Valium tablets must be working well!(Only joking for those of you reading this comment. Megan doesn't have a valium dependency just a Pepsi Max one!)Glad the sunglasses are working too and danger isn't so red to you now. I think even cool Mumma Kath would have been worried waiting for that Indian bus. You can tick that off the list now Megs. Another hurdle jumped and cleared well without injury. Kath

The Low Family said...

What mother wouldn't worry about her kids in that situation...you are an amazing mum, don't ever doubt that.
God will watch over all of you. Sounds like Victor was giving you all the support in the world, pacing with you.
Hope that the kids had a Great time on he bus as well, they might even be able to show you around India before too long, seeing all the sights on the way home each day!
Take each day as it comes Megan...Love to all. Karyn

The Webbs said...

Hi Guys, what brave children you have Megan well done Eliza and Sam! you are going to have so many great stories to share with us when you get home. Hey Megs i think you had every right to be feeling sick, I'm sure you were thinking where are my little aussie kids! Thanks for the birthday message i've had a great day only one thing missing YOU! Talk soon love always Clare

Anonymous said...

Well done Megan!!! You are amazing, I was also feeling sick reading your blog. You are all very brave. Love to you all Renee xoxo