Yesterday morning I opened the door to find this beautiful flower offering at the front door of our neighbours house. This week it is the festival of Onam. It is a celebration that goes for 10 days and originates from the state of Kerala. During this time the people celebrate the mythical King Mahabali and on the last day they have a day of feasting with their family. They decorate their homes and anticipate the kings visit.

Today they had added more to their offering, isn't it lovely. That is a Lotus flower in the center,Rose petals and Jasmin petals around the outer circle. Cant wait to see it tomorrow.
3 comments:
Hi Megan and Mac. It's Debbie from Occasional Care. I have had a lovely time catching up on all that has been going on. Megan you have been doing a wonderful job helping your family to settle in. It is fantastic to see India through your eyes. The food looks amazing (makes me wish I could eat curry) Please say hi to Mac and tell him we have been thinking of him and how things have been going.
wow megs I have just had a lovely time reading your blog what a fabulous job u are doing sounds like its been amazing so far, many hurdles have been encountered for you but I am feeling very excited for all of the adventures you & your family are experiencing. I just set up a new pswd cant recall the one we set up tgther so wish me luck lets hope u get this comment love to you all from ky xx
Hi Purdy Family,
We have finally caught up on your blog and it sounds like life is never dull. We are all well and I am sitting here with Sophie in the babybjorn finally asleep after a restless night. Lachie and I will try and set up our skype today and phone for a chat.
Love the Hills xoxo
Post a Comment