Saturday, November 1, 2008

Life Begins At 40

Well the inevitable has happened
I can quite happily say I am now
"40"
It's unreal that one day you are turning 21 and in the blink of an eye you are now 40. How quickly life flies by.

My special day certainly started with a BANG, in the form of a Huge thunder storm, probably the biggest one we have had since arriving in Chennai. We awoke to thunder, lightening and heavy rain at about 5am. The morning soon progressed with phone calls from drivers saying they couldn't get their motorbikes through the water on the roads as it was so deep in some places. The next call was from the kids school to say there was no school today due to the heavy rain (Great no peaceful lunch today). The kids where delighted. I had some nice Skype calls from my peep toe princess friends all wearing their 40 tiara's, very funny.

We then spent the morning sitting waiting for a delivery man to arrive with an important work document for Andrew to arrive. No show and after many frustrating phone calls we gave up and headed off to Spencer Plaza to do some shoe shopping, 6 pairs and one hour later we emerged from the first shop we went into and the kids where anxious to get out of there, (any wonder) I must add that only one of the pairs was for me and that was miracle in itself to find a pair to fit. This shop had the best service I have ever seen, the 10 or so men working there really new their stuff. The shoes are all stored in a loft above the shop and they stand below a hole in the ceiling and call out what they want and the next minute you have boxes of shoes falling down out of the hole. We went in initially to get shoes for Mum and Kerrie, but when I showed an interest in a pair of cute black, blingy, peep toes the hunt was on to get a pair to fit. It was hilarious to hear the commotion that my size 11's caused. But alas they where triumphant and I now have a lovely new pair to wear with the new frock I am having made for a Ball we are going to next weekend.

The day was still to become more exciting as we misplaced Victor when it was time to go home. The underground car park at the shopping center (which I might add freaks me out) has no phone signal, so we were outside waiting for our driver who was 2 levels underground waiting to get a call from us. Half an hour latter we finally found him and we headed off to go out for dinner, only to find that the restaurant we were going to is closed on Tuesday nights. So we ended up having a nice meal at a hotel close to home, but the most disappointing thing was the desert menu sucked.

So that was what turning 40 was like in Chennai, just another day in India!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan. Sounds like you had the perfect birthday. Kylie G