Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm In Heaven

We have arrived in DUBAI safe and sound. Great flight with Emirates.
All I can say is WOW.
Of coarse the first thing we did was head straight to the "Mall of the Emirates" which is probably a 10 min walk away. I planned that well.
It is the most amazing place I have ever been to. We walked in the door and the first thing we saw was the Ski Dubai slope. It took a good half hour to pick our chins up off the floor, we were walking around with the biggest goofiest grins on our faces we must have looked like real dills.
Andrew arrives first thing tomorrow morning and we are all looking forward to seeing him. Can't wait to start exploring the rest of Dubai with him.

2 comments:

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

It certainly sounds like Dubai has put a smile on your dial Megs! Just what the doctor ordered by the sounds of things. I'm guessing there's no wee wees or poo poos in the street either!
You'd be proud of me Megs. My Christmas Eve is as follows. Up at 5.25am (didn't go to bed until midnight though), S H & G at the pool at 5.45am, me to the gym at 6am. Back to the pool at 7.30am. Home at 8 am. To the Centreway at 8.30am. Thought i'd get in early...talk about social city. Lovely chat to your Dad and then Jo B who told me about your Dubai blog! Did the usual: Lou's for fruit and veg. Chrissy Lillies $6.50 a bunch which i bought last week fo the same price. Ray's for meat order. Then Bakers Delight and finally Safeway. To think the shops are only shut for 1 day. I've got enough food for a month! Gotta be ready for the famine after all! Saw lots of people for a chat and finally home at 10.30am!
Christmas Day preparation now and then Mass at 7pm tonight. Maybe i'll fall into bed at midnight again.
Merry Christmas dear friend. I hope it's a joyous one for you, Andrew and the kids.
Lots of love Kath +5

Noelene said...

Well Megan-you have my curiosity about Dubai aroused! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure.