Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Begining To Look A "BIT" Like Christmas


Amazing Grace, Yesterday on the way home from school we came across a shop selling loads of Christmas decorations. Tinsel, green garlands, more tinsel (and don't I just LOVE the stuff) and stars galore. Mind you that was as much as I could get a look at as we drove by, can't wait to get back there to have a fossick around.

One of my favorite hangouts here is a cafe called "Eco Cafe" and of course they just happen to have a lovely gift shop there as well. I must say that the mention of going to this particular cafe sends Mac into a major hissy fit. Just goes to show how much time the poor little thing has had to endure in going there in the last 5 months. But heh, a girls gotta do anything she can to survive here. So after being away for the week I was hanging for a Pina colada (no-alcoholic) and a chicken quesidilla, my favorite menu items, so found my way there to meet a friend for lunch (Mac free). And to my delight they have a small range of Christmas decorations, so the tree has a couple of new additions this year.

Speaking of decorating, we hadn't even finished unpacking and I had Andrew up in the cupboard getting the boxes down so the kids and I could get into that Chrissy spirit, on went the Hi 5 Christmas Album and we have titivated the old place up quite well. Although Margaret did ask me why my tree was white and was I going to get a green one. (Back off little lady, I am the decorating queen in this house)





3 comments:

The Webbs said...

Glad its starting to look like Christmas, love your little tree.. Your house is lokking more like Christmas than ours we don't even have our tree up yet, maybe tonight!! The weekend came and went and we were going to do it and just didn't, so it's got to be this week.Love to all.

The Low Family said...

Hi Megan, lovely to see you have stared decorating the house, any way to go shopping i would suggest YES DO IT...We havent got our Christmas deco's up yet..just not in the mood this year, maybe I need to ake a trip to Chennai so that th Christmas bug will wash off on me.
I loved he pics of you and the children having Starbucks, looks yummy.
I hope that the bus driver situation gets sorted out very soon and the kids are much more comfortable with the new one. I certanly would want to be there when the kids get off the bus too, i dont care how long it would take but im sure that because you are the main attraction while waiting it was very uncomfortable for you.
Anyway I'll take the opportunioty now to wish you all a Safe and Merry Christmas, we will be praying for you and the family during this trying time in Chennai, India and Thailand. Love and blessings to all Karyn.
P.S. I've met a man!!!will fill u in later

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
Glad to hear you are all safe and well. I have just been catching up on your blog after a month of having no internet thanks to Telstra. We have sold our house and are renting in Ocean Grove while the new one is being build. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Take care, wendy