Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It amazes me that this container has come all the way from Australia and didn't fall off the ship.


I would hate to be the one opening the door


I write this post as I sit at my very own kitchen table and I couldn't be happier. How nice it feels to be surrounded by all our worldly goods. We arrived at the apartment on Saturday morning and were very happy to see the truck waiting there for us. It was touch and go, with the tree being removed the day before, and no there was no chainsaw just two men sitting on the ground with the most antiquated saw I have seen, sawing away, it took them hours.


It was amazing to see these 6 quite small men lifting and carrying all the boxes up 2 flights of stairs. We had a couple of casualties one of the dinning room chairs was broken, my salon mirror smashed, one of my favorite noodle bowls broken and no Pandora bracelet. Oh well I will look forward to seeing it in 2 years time. Not much at all I can do.

Even the kids got to work unpacking



The very hard working men



Have you ever seen such a happy bunch. Maybe this shot was taken before they got their tip.




I finally finished unpacking all the boxes on Tuesday, it was a huge job. I now look forward to sitting down and doing some scrapping, that is if I can keep Mac occupied.


Our housekeeper Margaret has started and she is a God send. Boy can she work hard. She is even doing some of the cooking which she really enjoys. I think I will want to take her home.
The lovely Margaret, always smiling and happy.


9 comments:

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

Amen! Thank you Indian government departments for finally getting the Purdy's possessions to them! How exciting it must have been opening the boxes. A little bit of Thomas Rd now at Flat Number One!
I was just about having blog withdrawal Megs! Great to have a fix!

Kath and Greg plus 4 said...

PS. Margaret looks delightful! What a pretty lady. The Indian women certainly love colour and her clothes look lovely.

Megan said...

Thanks Kath, I promise it wont be so long between posts next time. Yes it look just like home here at no.1, door No.2A

The Webbs said...

Great to read another blog!! All looks good at your house in india, all that familiar furniture bet it feels good to eat at your own table and sleep in your new bed.. It was nice to have a tour of your house with the skype camera the other night, no doubt about you megs you have that touch it looked so nice and homely, with all your finishing touches. My new lounge suite should be arriving soon, looking forward to a freshen up,have put the painting on hold for now i took your advice!!! Cheers Clare xxx

The Low Family said...

Hi Megan, I was so loking forward to this blog. You must love the feel of your OWN stuff, who wouldn't.
What a lovel picture of Margaret, she sure does have a lovely genuine smile. The kids must love unpacking their stuff, it should be just like Crhistmas for them.
Glad to hear that you may be able to get some type of normality...bring on th e scraping!
Love to all Karyn

Heather and Brian said...

Glad to hear that you are finally in ... what do the kids think of apartment living? I too was having blog withdrawal .. but we knew that you would have been busy unpacking and that Andrew was away.

Love Heather & Brian

The Webbs said...

Hi Mac its Maggie. I see you had a bath in your little tub.Glad to see you all happy again. Is it really that hot when you go outside?:)ooooxxxx

The Webbs said...

Hi Mac its Maggie. I see you had a bath in your little tub.Glad to see you all happy again. Is it really that hot when you go outside?:)ooooxxxx

purdy4 said...

megs thoses floral curtains in what looks like the family room remind me of your bedroom at station lake rd !