Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later, you cant be too careful here with the hygiene factor and I thought we where doing OK but we have had our first case of Deli Bellie with little Mac having diahreoa for the last 5 days. Eliza also woke up the other day with a very red swollen eye lid. This all happened on the day I was going to be busy with Saravanan so it ended up being handy having him around to take us to the doctor's as well.
We had been to visit the company doctor on our pre trip and we felt quite confident with him. When Saravanan told me the company where not using that doctor any more as he had got too expensive to use I nearly blew a fuse. That was one of the main factors to take into consideration with our move here, was that we would get adequate medical care which in India is not always as easy to come by as in Australia. So needless to say I did some foot stamping and got my own way and off we went to the doctors only to get there to find he wouldn't see the kids they would need to see a Pediatrician, oh great, so we sit and wait for her to arrive........She certainly lacked any bedside manner and Mac didn't want to have a bare of her, she wrote out a prescription for some medicine for Mac and eye ointment for Eliza. Then we sit and wait for the bill which I was dreading only to find it was only Rs500 ($12.50) for both the kids. Yeah somethings going my way, then we go to the pharmacy to pick up the script, both things came to Rs59 ($1.47) How is that so, when I am sure it would have to be similar to what we would get at home. Someone sure is making some BIG money. But I think we know that, don't we.
Anyway both kids are on the mend and it was good to go through the motions (not the bowel ones) and get our first trip to the doctors out of the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Purdy Family,
Hope everyone is feeling better after the doctor visit.
Wish medical stuff was as cheap here in the US, oh well, that's why we need insurance.
I am enjoying reading of your adventures, it certainly is different.
Cheers,
Lyn in Greenville.
Hi Purdy family,
Great blogging Megs. Hope the kids are feeling better. Plenty of gastro going around Lara at the moment so maybe we are all in sympathy with you guys. keep well. Love The Boothroyd's
Hi Megan. I hope that Mac is doing much better now and that Eliza's eye is good now. If only we could have doctors that charged like that here in OZ, not to mention the cost of the medicine and ointment.
Loved the pics of the scool bus, somehow I expected to see a huge 42seater, don't know why, must have my Auzzie eyes in.I hope that the schooling is going well for the kids too.
Watch out for those new friends of yours,offering you their rocks to sit on, who knows who's sat on the rock before!!
Loved the pic at the gas company, think that they need to hire an electrician themselves.
Glad to hear that the apartment is filled with new apliances,having the offer of setting them up, wow, wish we culd get that here...things we take for granted hey, a whole new pic in my mind when I purchased my new washing machine the delivery guys wouldn't even take it in the door of the laundry for me...
Anyway sounds like things are going well, Love to all. Karyn
Post a Comment